THE ATTA GALATTA- BANGALORE LITERATURE FESTIVAL BOOK PRIZE 2017
The Bangalore Literature Festival and Atta Galatta, the city-based bookstore and art-literature space, announce the Atta Galatta-Bangalore Literature Festival Book Prize 2017.
The awards carry a total purse of Rs. 2 lakhs under the 4 categories of:
- Best Fiction (English)
- Best Non-Fiction (English)
- Literary Achievement Award in Kannada
- Popular Choice (English)
Winners take home an original trophy, Thought Beyond Words
The Popular Choice (English) award is a new category instituted in 2017, and the winner will be selected on the basis of an online voting campaign
Inviting Entries to the Fiction and Non-Fiction (English) Categories:
- Entries must be full-length works of fiction or non-fiction, including translations, short story and essay collections (by a single author).
- All entries should have been first published in the period between 1st September 2016 and August 31st 2017.
- Entries can be submitted by publishers, who may send in as many entries per imprint, by authors, including self-published and works published only in e-book form.
- The book must be an original work in English published in India, or in the case of e-books, by a citizen of India.
- Works of translation should have the English version published in the stipulated period.
- Self-published and e-book submissions should include a certification on the date of publication which is verifiable.
- The last date of submission of entries is 1st September 2017
- Four copies of all submissions should be sent by courier to the below address
Atta Galatta-Bangalore Literature Prize Office
Attn: Palgun KJ
#134, KHB Colony, 5th Block, Koramangala
Bangalore 560 095
- E-books should be submitted in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions will be screened and entries that fulfill the eligibility criteria will be reviewed by the AG-BLF Book Prize Jury Panel. This panel will comprise 5 members and be chaired by an eminent writer.
- The Panel will announce a longlist by 15th September 2017, and all long listed entries will be eligible for the Popular Choice (English) award, to be determined on the basis of public voting.
The voting process will be conducted online on the websites bangaloreliteraturefestival.org and www.attagalatta.com
- The Panel will announce a shortlist by 5th October 2017.
- The winners of the Atta Galatta-Bangalore Literature Festival Book Prize for 2017 will be announced and will receive their award at a special ceremony during the Bangalore Literature Festival 2017 on 28th / 29th October 2017.
Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House
Harper Collins India